How to Prepare for Your Commercial Refrigeration Repair Service
Most failures of commercial refrigeration equipment are due to not servicing the system properly. This can also drastically increase your energy usage. Here are a few DIY tips from a commercial refrigeration repair service to save energy and money.
1. Fit your commercial kitchen with an Energy Star-rated refrigerator or freezer.
This can be done by purchasing the unit from a local appliance store or installing it yourself.
2. Use a programmable thermostat to control the temperature in your commercial kitchen. A programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature at which you want your commercial kitchen to operate.
3. If possible, install a hood fan on your commercial oven. Hood fans pull hot air out of the room where the food is being cooked, reducing the amount of heat that enters the building.
4. Keep your commercial kitchen clean. Cleaning up spills immediately reduces the chance of them becoming a fire hazard. Also, cleaning regularly helps prevent bacteria build-up in your commercial kitchen.
5. Ensure that all of your commercial kitchen appliances have tight seals. Seals allow cold air to enter the space around the appliance, keeping it cool.