September 2015 6
Mental disorders have always been a difficult situation to handle considering it’s difficult for the one’s suffering to express how they feel, what they’re thinking, and especially what they need to help them. Over many years of studying the numerous conditions that can affect mental standing, specialists have worked tirelessly to gain a better understanding of the conditions in order to find treatments.
The problem is that mental disorders, and the brain in general, are so complex that pinpointing a few factors as root problems seems almost impossible. However, that has not presented many from trying to remedy those suffering with a number of variations of therapy.
Of all the developmental disabilities that plague society, autism is one (more…)
Having a a job that provides childcare is a dream come true for a working mom. In fact, providing childcare in the workplace is the common denominator among companies who made the list of “Top 100 Companies for Working Mothers” compiled by Working Mothers magazine– over 80% of them provide on-site childcare for employees.
Unfortunately, only about 9% of companies offer employer sponsored child care programs, leaving employees of the 91% of American companies who don’t have that benefit to find their own trusted childcare, and transport their children to and from it before and after work. Arranging childcare has become so complicated that 23% of working parents depend on multiple arrangements to cover their childcare requirements while they work. If you have decided you (more…)
Parents want one thing for their children: to be able to provide them with the opportunities that make success and happiness possible. And how does schooling play into this? While many a successful child has been reared through the public school systems, with recent economic declines and increased competition in both the job market and academic sphere, times are a’changing. Because of this, it might be time to think about enrolling your child in private school.
When it comes to private schooling, it can and should start as early preschool. According to statistics, children who attend preschool are more likely to excel in subjects such a math, reading, and language. And in three separate studies, 80% of children excelled (more…)
It is every parent’s greatest wish for their children to lead happy, healthy, and productive lives. There are not many things as deflating to that dream as your child exhibiting signs of Autism. As Autism awareness grows and doctors know what to look for, the number of children being diagnosed with Autism increases daily. Now, 1 in every 50 children is diagnosed with some level of Autism. Although your child may be on a different life path than you had hoped if they are diagnosed with Autism, there are a lot of resources for children with Autism available now that give them the opportunity to lead fulfilling lives.
Autism is a neural development disorder which consists of impaired social interaction and communication, and restricted repetitive behavior. Until recently it was a relatively unknown condition that didn’t warrant much discussion, but fortunately more and more people are recognizing the seriousness, especially when it comes to dealing with autism in schools. Many children that have autism enroll in special needs schools where they specialize in working with learning disabilities. This is not always the case though as they are perfectly capable of attending traditional schooling most of the time. Here are three factors that should always be considered when dealing with autism in schools.
1.) Socially (more…)
Why are online classes starting to hold more appeal for today’s students than traditional classroom settings? It’s important to note that traditional classes are here to stay. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a significant portion of the population enjoying, and even preferring, the unique benefits brought by online learning. Today’s perspective on what constitutes a […]
One major aspect of being a good parent is ensuring your child receives a quality education. It’s understandable to feel overwhelmed while deciding where your child will go to school. Considering that many parents are quite busy, daycare is always a good option for ensuring that your receives proper care. You’ll want to consider how […]
The decision to attend college is much easier for some people. If, for instance, you come from a family where both of your parents are college graduates you likely see college not as an option, but as a given. On the other hand, if no one in your family has ever earned a college degree, […]