August 2014 6
Asperger’s Syndrome is form of autism marked by significant difficulties with social interaction and restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. The exact cause of the disorder is unknown, but ranges from high-functioning to low-functioning. However, regardless of the syndrome’s severity, the challenges posed by Asperger’s are typically numerous. For this reason, many parents are now choosing to send their children with this disorder to specific schools for Aspergers. But how do you find the best school for Aspergers for your child?
Like many neurological conditions, children with Asperger’s Syndrome often attend regular attention classes. However, some children may require special education services due to their social and behavioral difficulties. As a result, (more…)
If you’ve always wanted to become a tattoo artist, there a few things you need to know before you dive right in to the trade. First, not just everyone can become a successful tattoo artist without heading to a tattoo college.
You will need to apply for these colleges and be willing to submit a resume and/or portfolio of your artwork to make sure that you are competent in drawing. If the option to get a tattoo education at college is not readily available to you, you can join tattoo apprenticeship programs, during which you will shadow a professional tattoo artist.
So what is one of the main things you learn at tattoo school, anyways? Old school tattoos, of course.
Americans spend an estimated $1.65 billion dollars a year on tattoos, and a large portion are designed in an old school fashion. Old school tattoo ideas refer to a Western, or traditional American, tattoo style. This traditional style boasts bold black outlines and a limited color palette (yet they are not all black).
Around 45 million Americans have at least one tattoo, and 36% of that estimate accounts for those aged 18-25 years old. Old school tattoo ideas remind their wearers of better days, or have a retro appeal. Here are some common themes:
- Native American tattoos: Feathers, faces, and bow and arrows usually dominate this particular tattoo motif.
- Pin-Up Girls: The cliche is walking into a smoky bar and seeing a bunch of bikers with pin-up girls on their arms. Cliches exist because they are partially true — this is a very popular choice for men in particular, although plenty of women get pin-ups, too.
- Mermaids: Old school tattoos often depict mythical creatures, such as mermaids and griffins. Mermaid tattoos give the appearance of movement when on the body and are very aesthetically pleasing.
- Swallows and/or Sparrows: Birds of a feather flock together, and there are plenty of people out there who boast bird tattoos. Many people ink birds on their bodies to symbolize a carefree demeanor or lifestyle.
- Anchors: Now becoming more popular among the female population, anchors symbolize loyalty or rigidity, either in a relationship or towards a certain life passion. This is a great old school tattoo for putting in a small place on your body.
- Hearts: Some people wear their hearts on their sleeves; others wear them directly on their arms. This symbolic shape can be placed virtually anywhere on the body, which is why it’s such a popular tattoo choice. There are also many variations, designs, and colors to pick from.
- Daggers: Old school tattoo ideas wouldn’t be complete without the daggers. For those looking to add a bit of something extra, hearts and/or roses are a great addition to this design. Daggers can either be inked very simply or made into a complex work of art.
An estimated 29% of Americans with tattoos said that their tattoos made them feel rebellious, and there is nothing more rebellious than an old school tattoo to show off.
Finding and choosing good college prep programs can often be as difficult as taking the actual test. Here are a few of the factors that need to be considered.
How Much and What Kind of Help Does the Student Need?
Every student has a different set of strengths and weaknesses, which should be taken into account by college prep programs. Have your child take a couple practice exams, and see how they do. If they score relatively well across the board, then they’re in good shape. If one subject is particularly lacking, find college prep programs that focus on that area and can help them improve in it.
What’s Your Budget?
Prep courses can be a little pricey, (more…)
There’s always a lot of hubbub about summer activities in the community for children once May comes around, but what do children really get out of it? Here are the three main benefits of these summer learning activities for kids:
When summer rolls around, a lot of adults aim to use the fine weather, extra daylight, or extra time to get in shape. That exercise need not be exclusively for adults though! You cannot be too young for good health by any means. Whether it is taking a dance class or just having a recess break on the playground, children learning activities outdoors can be a grea (more…)
If you are looking for summer activities for kids at home, you may want to reconsider your options. This is because there are a variety of fun and rewarding activities for your children to participate in away from home, and each one is beneficial in its own way. By giving your children the opportunity to become involved in these summer vacation activities for kids, they will have a more rewarding summer.
- Mommy and Me classes. These types of classes allow you and your children to participate in activities together, which promotes bonding. This is important because there are countless Mommy and Me classes available, meaning it is possible to find the right activity for you and your children. Mommy and Me exercise classes, music classes, and swimming classes, for example, are all available. Since t (more…)
Why are online classes starting to hold more appeal for today’s students than traditional classroom settings? It’s important to note that traditional classes are here to stay. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a significant portion of the population enjoying, and even preferring, the unique benefits brought by online learning. Today’s perspective on what constitutes a […]
One major aspect of being a good parent is ensuring your child receives a quality education. It’s understandable to feel overwhelmed while deciding where your child will go to school. Considering that many parents are quite busy, daycare is always a good option for ensuring that your receives proper care. You’ll want to consider how […]
The decision to attend college is much easier for some people. If, for instance, you come from a family where both of your parents are college graduates you likely see college not as an option, but as a given. On the other hand, if no one in your family has ever earned a college degree, […]